This recipe is one of those quick fix lunches when you have forgotten to thaw out the meat. Seafoods with the exception of fish, are quite easy to defrost. My box of mussels that rested in the freezer for quite a long time almost forgotten and the left-over prawns make for this recipe.
8 pcs. mussels on half shells
8 pcs. shrimps, deveined (simply cut along the dorsal section with scissors without removing the entire exoskeleton)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, diced
a thumb sized ginger, julienned
a bunch of leafy green i.e kangkong, young spinach
a bunch of coriander, chopped
1-2 pcs hot chilis, chopped
3 tbsp rice wine
2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sautee onion, garlic, ginger, chilis and tomato in canola oil (or any cooking oil).
2. Add in shrimps and mussels. Make sure that these are completely thawed. Stir fry until almost cooked.
3. Splash in rice wine and soy sauce. Simmer covered for 3 minutes.
4. Add in leafy greens, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2 minutes uncovered.
5. Turn off heat and sprinkle the coriander over.
Serve with plain steamed rice.