This is quite very simple for such a tasty recipe. I was browsing for recipes online for a left-over cut of tender chuck beef in the freezer. I want an extremely simple one, the whole time I was wishing for the Yoshinoya beef gyudon in my mind. Indeed, making one is so easy, I just don’t have the right ingredients. Nevertheless, I did quite manage of what I have – without the mirin, sake, and Dashi soup. Instead, I substituted these with Shaoxing rice wine. The result is a tasty sweet savory beef bowl.
ALMOST-JAPANESE BEEF BOWL Recipe
INGREDIENTS: (for 2-3 servings)
- 300 g thinly sliced beef – I used tender chuck
- 1 white onion sliced
- 5 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 5 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp granulated brown sugar
- a dash of salt
- a dash of pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Bring to a boil, and simmer covered for a few minutes until meat is cooked.
Top this over a bowl of steamed rice and Moshi moshi! a tasty lunch.